[monolith-users] Service stop on NSC April 2-3

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 23 21:22:04 CET 2005

Dear Monolith users,

The first weekend of April Monolith and most other NSC
computers will be closed down, due to a major reconstruction
of our cooling system.

In a tight race with the rising Spring temperature, we need to
increase the cooling capacity of our computer room and as a side
effect we have to shut down the power supply for approximately
two days.

We have not decided on the exact down time hours, but my guess
is:

Monolith (and our other supercomputers) will be unavailable
Saturday the 2nd of April and Sunday the 3rd of April. We will
probably shut it down already on Friday afternoon and will
probably have it back in service before Monday noon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
-- Lennart Karlsson <support at nsc.liu.se>
   National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University
   http://www.nsc.liu.se