[monolith-users] Monolith: Problems with the /disk/global4 file system

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed May 24 11:56:10 CEST 2006

Dear Monolith users,

Since late yesterday evening we have problems with the
/disk/global4 file system on Monolith.

This file system is used as an extension to the /disk/global
file system, and the following academic users and
test project users on Monolith use it as their /disk/global
system:

	x_adaga  x_freol  x_matpe   x_nscss  x_sinkr  y_erijo  y_tompa
	x_alvaa  x_jingu  x_nessa   x_nsctj  x_timpr  y_fahhi
	x_antli  x_kimbo  x_nikan   x_oscru  x_ulfto  y_ivami
	x_blama  x_lyute  x_nilsm   x_perla  x_zilri  y_julkh
	x_bodur  x_mardi  x_nscjg   x_petku  y_ashel  y_mikla
	x_chrdu  x_marlu  x_nscler  x_petpe  y_benel  y_nscln
	x_chuwa  x_marre  x_nscop   x_sheme  y_blama  y_petkl
	x_ferbi  x_matca  x_nscps   x_simgu  y_damva  y_pinwa

Job access and interactive access to this file system are very
slow, making the file system practically useless.

We are trying to find a solution to this problem and will
announce when it is solved.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
-- Lennart Karlsson <support at nsc.liu.se>
   National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University
   http://www.nsc.liu.se