[Neolith-users] News about the continuing installation of Neolith

Mattias Slabanja slabanja at nsc.liu.se
Thu Nov 1 15:32:40 CET 2007

Hi!

During the downtime early this week, we have done some alterations to
the system.

1. We have changed mpprun.
If you are launching an application built according to the NSC
recomendations regarding compiler and mpi (compilers icc, icpc, or
ifort, together with the flag -Nmpi), mpprun should now automatically
choose the correct mpi-libriaries (i.e. there is no need to explicitly
load any mpi-modules prior to starting an mpi-program with mpprun).

If you need/want to explicitly choose/override which mpi-implementation
to use, it is possible to do so using the syntax
mpprun -Nforce-mpi=<mpi module> <mpi-program>.
Note that the mpi module given must contain the full module name
including version, e.g.
mpprun -Nforce-mpi=scampi/3.12.0-1 ~/my-program

2. We have changed the whole system for deploying nodes.
Ideally, this is and will be totally transparent to you, but minor
configuration changes and/or glitches might show.

Best regards,

The Neolith team