[Neolith-users] Job queue on Neolith

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Thu May 29 21:50:25 CEST 2008

Dear Neolith Users,

Earlier today we noticed problems with the Infiniband interconnect in Neolith
that caused some MPI jobs to fail. To prevent furher job failures we disabled
the starting of new jobs while we diagnosed the problem, already running jobs
was not affected. The problem have been resolved and jobs are now started and
running as usual again.

The stop lasted a few hours which was much longer than we initially expected.
We apologize for not informing you earlier about why jobs was not started
during this time, and for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

Best regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC