[Neolith-users] Unplanned downtime now

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Dec 9 00:43:29 CET 2009

As several of you have already noticed Neolith is back on-line and have
been running jobs for about 2 hours.

paran at nsc.liu.se (Pär Andersson) writes:
> Before bringing the cluster back on-line we will perform much of the
> work that was scheduled for Thursday, so that we hopefully will not have
> to have another downtime then.

All the maintenance work was performed today, so the planned downtime on
Thursday is canceled. Performing the work today with less preparation
made it take longer, but I think it was worth it as long jobs can start
right now and not have to wait until Thursday evening.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC