[Neolith-users] /nobackup/global problem 2009-03-19 23:59

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Fri Mar 20 01:14:22 CET 2009

Hello neolith-users,

I have today been modifying a few parameters that improves the
performance of the /nobackup/global filesystem. Unfortunately an
unexpected software bug caused the filesystem to temporarily become
unavailable on the compute nodes.

The problem lasted 3 minutes, between 23:59 and 00:02.

If you have running jobs on Neolith that are writing their output to
/nobackup/global there is a risk that the job have hanged. I recommend
that you log in and verify that the expected output is still being written.

The next time we have a scheduled downtime on Neolith we will make
changes to the filesystem to prevent this error from happening again.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC