[Neolith-users] New sowftware: nscquota, emacs23, molden4.8, gaussian g09

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Fri Oct 9 13:50:00 CEST 2009

Dear Neolith-users,

This is a short announcement of four newly installed programs on
Neolith. The most important is the "nscquota" utility that shows your
disk quota on all available file systems.

nscquota
========

This is small utility print out your disk quota on the available file
systems, here is an example:

[x_fooba at neolith1 ~]$ nscquota
FILE SYSTEM                  USED        QUOTA        LIMIT        GRACE
--                           ----         ----         ----        -----
/home                     3.1 GiB     20.0 GiB     30.0 GiB
/nobackup/global         32.0 KiB    200.0 GiB    250.0 GiB

More information in Neolith User Guide[1].

GNU Emacs 23
============

Version 23.1 [2] of this very popular, extensible, customizable text
editor (and more) have been installed. To use this version you need to
load a module:

 $ module add emacs
 $ emacs

Molden
======

Version 4.8 of the molecule builder and electronic structure
visualization program Molden have been installed. To start it run:

 $ module add molden
 $ gmolden

If you have a very old computer without OpenGL run "molden" instead of
"gmolden". More information is in our User Guide[3].

Gaussian g09
============

Gaussian have been upgraded to versio g09. See the earlier
announcement[4] and our User Guide[5] for more information.

[1] http://www.nsc.liu.se/systems/neolith/
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu-emacs/2009-07/msg00000.html
[3] http://www.nsc.liu.se/software/visualization/molden/
[4] http://www.nsc.liu.se/pipermail/neolith-users/2009-September/000071.html