[Neolith-users] OpenMPI problem yesterday

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Fri Oct 23 12:30:24 CEST 2009

Dear Neolith Users,

Yesterday several servers in the cluster was upgraded to CentOS 5.4. An
unfortunate RPM package conflict caused several of our locally installed
versions of OpenMPI to be deleted.

The files was deleted approximately 16:00 and restored from backup
22:30. During that time starting of jobs using affected OpenMPI versions
failed with "No such file or directory" or similar error
messages. Notably this includes several of the NSC provided VASP
binaries.

Everything should be back to normal again now. I apologize for all
problems caused by this, and also like to thanks those of you that
reported the problem to support at nsc.liu.se.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC