[Neolith-users] Downtime 2010-02-23

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Feb 24 00:00:15 CET 2010

Dear Neolith users,

paran at nsc.liu.se (Pär Andersson) writes:
> We will do some reconfigurations of both the ethernet network and the
> GPFS file system. The changes are necessary to make the storage on
> Neolith available to the new NSC cluster "Kappa". We will also do some
> other maintenance work, mainly installing software updates.
>
> The downtime will start at 08:00 and we have reserved the whole day for
> our work. The entire cluster including the login node will be
> unavailable during the downtime.

Today's work have been going mostly well.

Unfortunately certain file system operations take much more time than we
had anticipated and is going to continue running over night. This means
that the downtime is extended until sometime tomorrow.

After the downtime is over I will send out more detailed information
about the changes we have made. Hopefully the improvements will have
been worth the wait.

Good night.

Pär Andersson
NSC