[Neolith-users] Unplanned filesystem downtime

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Thu Feb 25 15:11:28 CET 2010

Dear Neolith users,

Due to a network configuration problem all network file systems on
Neolith failed at 13:22 today. This resulted in "Stale NFS file handle"
errors when accessing the file systems.

The problems caused almost all running jobs to fail. However as the
filesystems was unavailable most job output files will not contain any
error messages.

The filesystems are available on the login node again.

We are currently working on preventing the same error from happening
again. Before this work is completed we will not start any new jobs.

Regards,
Pär Andersson
NSC