[Neolith-users] FYI: Outage on the Kappa/Matter/Neolith shared file system resolved

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Sun Nov 21 17:06:22 CET 2010

Dear Kappa, Matter and Neolith users,

Today (Sunday) between approximately 14:15 CET and 16:32 CET the shared
filesystems (/home, /nobackup/global, /software) were not available due to a
technical problem. This also made it impossible to use the login node (user
logins need the /home file system).

The file systems are now available again.

We will investigate the cause further on Monday.

As far as I can tell, no files were damaged by this event. Running jobs kept
running, but they might run for longer than usual (or timeout) if they
accessed the file system during the outage.

As always, please contact support at nsc.liu.se if you have questions.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>