[NSC-users] OpenMP training in Lund during October

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 5 09:04:36 CEST 2011

Dear NSC Users,

Our colleagues at Lunarc in Lund are offering a course in shared memory
programming using OpenMP which is open to all SNIC. Non-SNIC users will
also be considered. Please find the official announcement below.

8<--------------
Hi,

In October we are offering an OpenMP training course at Lunarc.  The
course is open to all SNIC users from all six centres.  We would like to
ask, whether you could advertise it to your users, by placing it on your
website and also by sending an email to your users?  Possible text would
look as follows:

OpenMP training for SNIC users at Lunarc in Lund

 From 18-19 October 2011 Lunarc is offering a course in parallel
programming with OpenMP®.  The course is part of the SNIC user support
effort and is open to SNIC users from all SNIC centres.  Non-SNIC users
will also be considered, see the application form.  OpenMP provides an
efficient method to write parallel programs in C, C++ or Fortran for
shared memory architectures such as modern multi core and multi
processor compute systems.  This course will introduce users to the
shared memory model and the OpenMP application programming interface.

For full details and registration, please check:
http://www.lunarc.lu.se/Courses/shared_memory_programming

Many thanks and best wishes
   Joachim

Best regards