[NSC-users] Invitation to Intel HPC Training at NSC

Torben Rasmussen torbenr at nsc.liu.se
Thu Feb 23 15:29:22 CET 2012

Dear all,

The Intel HPC training program at NSC continues. This time we are lucky
to have the Intel expert Heinrich Bockhorst give a three-day in-depth
training class on the powerful ITAC tool, which is derived from Vampir.
The event is held on March 20-22 at NSC in Linköping and is free of
charge. Registration deadline is March 6 and the seats are limited!
Please see below for details.

Kind regards,
Torben
NSC

Invitation to Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector Training at NSC

NSC welcomes you to participate in a three-day in-depth training on the
Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector (ITAC) tool. The training is hosted
at NSC on March 20-22, 2012 and will be given by the Intel expert
Heinrich Bockhorst. The training is directed towards application/system
experts and HPC users with good understanding of MPI programming and
will include a good deal of hands-on exercises.

The ITAC tool can be used to visualize and understand parallel
application behavior, evaluate profiling statistics, analyze
performance, and learn about communication patterns etc. For more
information about ITAC, please see:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-trace-analyzer

The training starts at 9.00 on Tuesday, March 20 and ends on the
afternoon of Thursday, March 22. The training class is free of charge
and includes lunch and coffee. Hence, participants will only need to
cover travel and accommodation costs.

Registration as well as details about the training schedule and contents
can be found at http://www.nsc.liu.se/intel-hpc-training/. We have ca.
20 seats available for first-come first-served registration, which will
close as soon as the seats have been booked, but no later than March 6.

The hands-on exercises will use our Kappa cluster and NSC will set up
accounts for all participants that don’t already have an account on this
system. Note that we have no terminals available in the lecture room, so
you will need to bring a laptop for remote connection to Kappa.

Welcome!
NSC