[NSC-users] Downtime NSC license servers 2017-11-22 18:00

Thomas Bellman bellman at nsc.liu.se
Wed Nov 15 11:08:40 CET 2017

Dear users of NSC systems,

On Wednesday evening next week (November 22nd) between 18:00 and
18:30, we will have a downtime for our license server in order to
perform some hardware maintenance.  This will affect several
commercial programs installed on the NSC systems:

  - Intel compilers and debuggers
  - Schrödinger/Jaguar
  - Ansys Fluent
  - Ansys Apache Design
  - Allinea DDT
  - Quantumwise ATK/VNL
  - Toolworks Totalview
  - Portland Group (PGI) compilers
  - Matlab MDCS

This will affect both interactive use and in batch jobs.  Jobs
using these programs that start before 18:00 next Tuesday and
runs during the downtime, might or might not work, depending on
the application (some programs only request a license when they
start, others check several times while they are running).

	/Thomas Bellman, NSC