[Snic-users] Planned stop Triolith, Kappa and Matter 2014-12-10 from 10:30

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Dec 11 18:41:58 CET 2014

Triolith, Kappa and Matter are now available.

We apologize for the delay. As I wrote yesterday, a routine update
turned out bad. It took time to analyze the problem, gather enough
data to be able to continue working on a permanent fix outside our
production clusters, and then downgrade the software components that
caused the problem.

The planned data transfer of /home and /software was completed without
problems. Your home directories and the /software directory have now
been moved to the new storage system. You might notice this by e.g
faster startup times for certain large applications (e.g Matlab).

Another minor change: the environment variable SNIC_NOBACKUP, which
was previously set to /nobackup/global/$USERNAME, is now set to
/proj/$PROJECT/users/$USER for the project used for that particular
job if such a directory exists. If not, it is set to
"only-set-in-job-environment".

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>