[Snic-users] Triolith and Gamma back online but downtime planned tomorrow

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jun 24 16:58:20 CEST 2015

Dear Triolith and Gamma users,

Both clusters will be available again shortly, but we have scheduled
downtime tomorrow so only short jobs will be able to run.

The shared filesystems are online and working. We have determined that
the crash earlier today was triggered by us running a normal systems
administration command, and we can reproduce the crash at will.

We have tentatively scheduled downtime for both clusters tomorrow at
13:00. This is so that we can troubleshoot this further together with
our storage vendor, without risk of further jobs being killed.

This means that only short jobs that can finish before tomorrow at 13:00
will be allowed to start.

Depending on what feedback we get from the vendor, this downtime might
get postponed or cancelled. We will let you know in both cases.

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC