[Snic-users] Centre Storage problem affecting logins and jobs

Sebastian Thorarensen sebth at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jan 23 16:17:45 CET 2017

Dear Triolith and Gamma users,

We have found a probable cause for the problem that was affecting the
storage system (/home and /proj). Batch jobs, and interactive jobs, are
now enabled again.

Jobs in the queue with a time limit longer than two days will not yet
start. The reason for this is that we are still working together with our
storage vendor to prevent the same problem from happening again. We might
need to perform additional work on the storage system on
Wednesday 2017-01-25. Long jobs will be able to start again after
2017-01-25, unless we find a reason to extend the troubleshooting period.

Jobs that ran on Sunday 2017-01-22, and today 2017-01-23, may have crashed
or hit the time limit without finishing. If you had jobs running on these
dates, please verify the status of your jobs, and resubmit them if they
did not finish correctly.

NSC apologizes for the inconvenience that this problem has caused.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian Thorarensen, NSC