[Snic-users] Triolith and Gamma unavailable May 23rd

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu May 11 14:43:29 CEST 2017

Dear Triolith and Gamma users,

Triolith and Gamma will be unavailable to all users from May 23rd at 08:00 CEST.

No access to the cluster will be possible during the downtime. All
users will be logged out. Jobs that cannot finish before the downtime
will not be started until after the downtime is over.

It is difficult to predict how long the work will take. Due to a bug
in the storage software, we need to run a full file system check and
possibly a limited repair. We estimate at least 12 hours but 24h is
probably more likely, and 36-48h if we run into problems.

During this downtime we will be performing hardware repairs, upgrade
the storage system software and perform required file system
maintenance. Some of this was originally scheduled for the April 3rd
service window (when Triolith was shrunk and Gamma moved), but was
postponed due to not getting the required software updates from our
vendor in time.

We will inform you when Triolith and Gamma are available again, and if
the maintenance takes longer than 12 hours, keep you updated on our
progress.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>