[Snic-users] Unplanned network outage at NSC/LiU

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Fri Oct 20 12:14:05 CEST 2017

Dear NSC users,

This morning we have had an unscheduled network outage at NSC/LiU.
Linköpings universitet lost both its connections to the Internet via SUNET.

Because of this all services at NSC (and LiU) were unreachable from the
rest of the world between approximately 08:30 and 11:40 CEST.

Local users at the LiU campus network could still access our systems.

The vast majority of running jobs at our clusters were unaffected by the
outage. The only exception was jobs that depended on some external
network service being available, for example license servers outside LiU.

For more technical details about the network problem, SUNET's trouble
ticket is available here:

http://www.nunoc.org/nunocweb/ticket.php?key=SUNETTICKET-4716

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors,