[Snic-users] Tetralith and Sigma downtime next week

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Dec 4 17:22:53 CET 2018

Dear Tetralith and Sigma users,

Next week, NSC will perform some configuration changes and tests runs
that requires both Tetralith and Sigma to be offline.

This is done both to increase the stability of the storage system, and
to test Phase 2 of Tetralith.

The downtime starts Thursday, December 13th at 08:00 CET. The estimated
duration is two days, i.e we plan to start running normal jobs late
Friday.

All compute nodes will be unavailable during the entire downtime. The
login nodes will be available except when we need to make changes to the
storage systems. If you can log in, you can use the login node to access
your data. If you cannot login, try again later or wait until the
downtime ends. During the downtime, login nodes might be restarted with
little or no warning.

FYI: the installation and testing of Tetralith Phase 2 (an additional
1200 nodes) is progressing well. If there are no unexpected problem we
aim to have these nodes available to users by January 1st (i.e when the
next round of SNAC Large projects start).

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>