[Snic-users] Tetralith and Sigma unavailable starting 2021-11-23 08:00 CET

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 8 09:26:53 CET 2021

Dear Tetralith and Sigma users,

Tetralith and Sigma will be unavailable on November 23rd from 08:00
CET. Estimated duration: a few hours.

Details:
--------

Queued jobs that cannot be completed before 08:00 will not be
started. All logged-in users will be logged out at 08:00. Queued jobs
will remain in the queue and be started normally when the clusters are
back online. During the downtime you will not be able to access your
data on /home and /proj.

During this downtime we will reconfigure the network connection to the
Centre Storage disk storage system (/proj, /home, /software).

If you notice a significant change in job performance after this change,
please contact support at nsc.liu.se.

This change done to test a configuration that we are considering using
for the partial replacement of the storage system that will take place
sometime during 2022.

If everything works well, you should notice any difference. We have
tested the new configuration as far as is possible, but if it does not
work well with real users and real jobs, we will need to schedule
another downtime and either tweak the new configuration or revert to the
original one.

Best Regards,

--
Mats Kronberg