[Snic-users] Tetralith and Sigma unavailable starting 2022-03-01 08:00 CET

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Feb 1 11:33:31 CET 2022

Dear Tetralith and Sigma users,

Tetralith and Sigma will be unavailable on March 1st from 08:00
CET. Estimated duration: most of the day.

Details:

NSC has installed new UPS systems in the Kärnhuset computer room.

We need to turn off power to complete the installation, and then run a
load test to verify that the delivered system performs as promised.

During this maintenance window we will also move parts of the storage
system and do other required maintenance and apply software updates.

This means that you will not be able to access Tetralith or Sigma at all
during this work as it will be turned off. This include your data on the
Centre Storage storage system (/home and /proj).

We have scheduled this for 2022-03-01, starting at 08:00 CET. The work
will probably take most of the day, but we estimate that Tetralith and
Sigma will be available again late afternoon or evening.

Queued jobs that cannot be completed before 08:00 will not be
started. All logged-in users will be logged out at 08:00. Queued jobs
will remain in the queue and be started normally when the clusters are
back online.

--
Mats Kronberg
National Supercomputer Centre (NSC)