[Tornado-users] tornado: down

Per Lundqvist perl at nsc.liu.se
Mon Apr 2 13:19:02 CEST 2007

Tornado is now up and running again. A system server went down on Saturday
(containing vital system services such as the batch queueing system and
nfs export of /usr/local etc.) due to a kernel panic. This, in turn caused
all new logins to hang when trying to access /usr/local and also caused
all compute nodes to lose their network connection (the latter problem I
hope I have fixed so that it will not happen again in the future).

/Per

--
Per Lundqvist

National Supercomputer Centre