[Tornado-users] Tornado online

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Sat Apr 5 04:57:22 CEST 2008

Hello Tornado-users,

Short version:
* Tornado is now available, but there will be downtime on monday.
* /nobackup/skb1 is currently not available due to hardware problems.
* /nobackup/rossby11 have reduced performance.

As you probably already know from the mail to nsc-users the NSC computer
facility had an unplanned power failure late friday afternoon. This was just
when we had almost all systems online again after the planned power outage.

The failure have caused hardware problems with some of the storage servers in
Tornado. The most critical is with the server for /nobackup/skb1 and this
filesystem is currently unavailable.

The server for /nobackup/rossby11 also have problems which makes it run
without write caching. The filesystem is working, but write performance will
be a bit slower than usual.

We have preliminary scheduled downtime on monday from 11.00 to continue
working on these issues.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC