[Triolith-users] Important: Triolith two week service stop starting August 26th

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Wed Aug 28 21:57:24 CEST 2013

Dear Triolith users,

We have now moved and tested an additional 240 nodes, bringing the total to 288.

Some of you might have noticed that we had to stop the development
nodes for a few hours tonight. This was necessary in order to connect
all nodes together. The 48 development nodes are now available again,
still restricted to 1 hour jobs.

The remaining 240 nodes are now available for normal jobs, and the
first jobs that were in the queue have already been started.

However, it is possible that we will need to to stop all nodes for a
short time on Friday to change some settings. To avoid having to kill
running jobs to do this, we have reserved all nodes starting Friday
12:00 CEST. This will prevent all jobs from starting that cannot
finish before that time, effectively making it impossible to start
long jobs until Friday afternoon.

The primary login node triolith1 is shut down for maintenance and will
be available again later this week. You can still login to
triolith2.nsc.liu.se and work normally. When the maintenance on
triolith1 is done we will probably also need to restart triolith2 and
triolith3 (Thinlinc).

The move is more or less on schedule, so we are still planning to
gradually bring back the remaining 912 nodes before the end of next
week.

//Mats