[Triolith-users] Early warning about Triolith downtime later this year

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jul 3 16:32:09 CEST 2013

Dear Triolith users,

unavailable for a few days due to moving it to a new building.

Details:

As you may or may not know, Triolith will be expanded with a few
hundred additional nodes. NSC is also in the process of building a new
computer room / datacenter building.

Sometime later this year, we will need to move Triolith to the new
building and add the additional nodes.

The earliest possible time for the move is Monday week 35, but it
might be delayed, if the building or the additional nodes are not
ready in time. We will let you know the exact dates as soon as they
are finalized.

Our current plan for the move will result in approximately one day of
Triolith being completely unavailable. We will then return the login
nodes and a small number (24-48) of compute nodes to service
(sufficient for some interactive use and test/development). The rest
of the compute nodes will be returned to service as soon as they are
moved, connected and tested. We estimate that all 1200 original
compute nodes will be available again within a week (hopefully
sooner).

There will also be a short stop of all compute nodes in order to test
the entire system including the new nodes. This will happen sometime
within a month of the move.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>