[Triolith-users] Triolith: ThinLinc Pilot Test ends - you need to change your settings to continue using ThinLinc

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 29 14:46:11 CET 2013

Dear Triolith users,

Due to the very positive feedback we have received from you regarding
the ThinLinc remote desktop / visualization software, NSC has decided
to continue offering this service as a permanent part of Triolith.

The ThinLinc Pilot test server (triolith3.nsc.liu.se) will be shut
down in two weeks (November 11th). To continue using ThinLinc, you
need to do the following (you can do this today - no need to wait two
weeks):

- Change the "Server" setting in your ThinLinc client to
"triolith-thinlinc.nsc.liu.se".

- Accept the new server host key fingerprint
"4d:66:25:46:82:a9:1c:bc:8c:04:77:b9:b0:6b:64:8b" the first time you
connect.

There should be no major differences in how ThinLinc behaves.
Performance should be slightly better (we're now using two servers
instead of one, and the graphics hardware has better performance).

If you find that anything is missing on the new servers or does not
work in the way you expected, please email support at nsc.liu.se.

The ThinLinc documentation has been moved into the Triolith User
Guide: http://www.nsc.liu.se/systems/triolith/#accessing_triolith_thinlinc

If you are using graphical applications on Triolith and you have not
tried ThinLinc, I really recommend doing so, it really makes a
difference compared to X-tunneling over SSH for most applications.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>