[Triolith-users] Login node downtime earlier today

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Feb 26 12:50:08 CET 2014

The first login node of Triolith, triolith1.nsc.liu.se, was rebooted
today at 11:00. A bug (deadlock) in the GPFS software caused many common
commands to hang.

Triolith1 is now available again. The second login node, triolith2, have
been available the entire time.

The bug we encountered was known by IBM and have been fixed in later
GPFS versions. During the downtime today we upgraded GPFS on triolith1
which will hopefully prevent this problem from occurring again.

Regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC