[Triolith-users] triolith2 file system problems

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Tue Jun 3 14:45:06 CEST 2014

Dear Triolith users,

Once again we are experiencing problems on triolith2, one of the two
login servers. Several common unix commands, like "ps" will hang.

The cause is a deadlock in the GPFS file system software. So far the
only method we know to resolve this is to reboot the server. However
this time we will wait a while before rebooting, to allow the file
system vendor IBM to gather more details about the problem.

New logins to triolith2 have been disabled. Those of you logging in
using SSH should specify the other login server
(triolith1.nsc.liu.se). For ThinLinc users all new sessions will be
started on triolith1 automatically.

Please contact support at nsc.liu.se if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC