[Triolith-users] Login server downtime on Friday (2014-06-27)

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jun 25 16:16:58 CEST 2014

On Friday (2014-06-27) at 09:00 both login servers of Triolith will be
restarted. Expected downtime is 15-30 minutes.

Running and queued jobs will not be affected. Interactive jobs,
SSH sessions, Thinlinc sessions will be killed.

The reason for the restart is that we need to update the GPFS file
system software. The update should fix the hangs we have experienced
several times during the last few months, which have caused several
unplanned reboots of the login servers.

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC