[Triolith-users] Reboot of triolith2

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Fri May 16 14:36:25 CEST 2014

paran at nsc.liu.se (Pär Lindfors) writes:

> Unfortunately for now the only way to recover is to restart the login
> server, which we will do at 13:00 today.

Triolith2 is now back in service.

The bug is in the GPFS file system software, but we have many
indications that the bug is triggered by something done by the graphical
file manager Nautilus. Nautilus have been used by very few Triolith
users, so to improve the file system stability we have uninstalled
Nautilus from Triolith. We will also report the bug to the file system
vendor so that the underlying problem can be resolved.

The XFCE desktop environment we support for our ThinLinc users is not
affected. The XFCE file manager is Thunar, not Nautilus.

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC