[Vagn-users] Matlab now properly available to all MISU, KTH and SMHI users on Vagn (and other NSC systems)

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Wed Aug 14 17:31:35 CEST 2013

Dear Vagn users,

Due to recent changes in the Matlab license agreement, NSC is now able
to allow users on NSC systems (e.g Vagn) to "bring their own
licenses". Also, all previous restrictions on using Matlab in a
cluster/server/scheduled environment have been lifted.

Among other things, this means that it is now possible to stop using
Linköping University Matlab licenses on Vagn.

In two weeks time (on August 28th), we will disable access to the LiU
Matlab license for all KTH and MISU users on Vagn. SMHI/Rossby users
are not affected as you are already using the SMHI license.

MISU and KTH users: if using Matlab on Vagn is important to you,
please verify before August 28th that you have access to the MISU or
KTH Matlab license by doing the following:

1: logout from Vagn and login again
2: Run the command "groups". If the group "mlic_kth" or "mlic_misu" is
listed, you will be able to use Matlab after August 28th. If not,
please contact
support at nsc.liu.se.

Also, the freeze on making newer versions of Matlab available to KTH
and MISU users is lifted. Unfortunately, due to disk space constraints
I cannot install the very latest Matlab (R2013a) on Vagn right now,
but we will try to reshuffle some disk space during the autumn to make
this possible.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>