[Vagnekman-users] Ekman: ScaliMPI evaluation license has expired

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jul 2 13:04:06 CEST 2009

Dear Ekman users!

As some of you have already noticed, the ScaliMPI
evaluation license expired earlier this week.

Today, we have asked for a prolongation of this
evaluation license, but the Ekman consortium
has not yet decided to buy the software, so you
must plan for a future on Ekman without ScaliMPI.
If we are allowed this prolongation, you should
not hope for yet another one, later on...

On the web page

http://www.pdc.kth.se/resources/computers/ekman/ekman-how-to/ekman-run

you will find instructions on how to use OpenMPI,
which currently is the recommended MPI package.

The recommendation may change if the consortium
buys ScaliMPI. Hopefully the ScaliMPI license
negotiations will be finished, one way or the other,
within a week from now.

Best regards,
-- Lennart Karlsson <vagnekman-support at snic.vr.se>
   National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University
   http://www.nsc.liu.se