[Vagnekman-users] Vagn: Storage /nobackup/vagn1 installed

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Mon Mar 2 16:22:34 CET 2009

Dear Vagn test users,

The /home file system is now a GPFS file system, meaning that
it will be faster than before. Please use it for data that
is small in size and needs a backup, because the data is typed
manually at your keyboard or is otherwise very difficult to
reproduce. Batch job output normally should not be put here.

We have also added a larger GPFS file system, called
/nobackup/vagn1. As the name indicates, it will not be backuped,
so please store only data that can be regenerated, e.g. by
rerunning your jobs. (Or data that is stored also at some
other disk or tape system.)

Vagn is still in test. If everyting goes well, we plan to
put Vagn in normal service later this month.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate
to get in touch with us at vagnekman-support at snic.vr.se.

Best regards,
-- Lennart Karlsson <vagnekman-support at snic.vr.se>
   National Supercomputer Centre, Linkoping University
   http://www.nsc.liu.se