[Vagnekman-users] forwarded flashnews - lost file-server

lars malinowsky lama at pdc.kth.se
Fri Nov 20 07:12:01 CET 2009

Hello,

forwarding this out of the flash-news at www.pdc.kth.se

- - -
2009-11-20 at 06:05
  We seem to have problems with at least one afs-server.
  Home catalogues, applications, and also batch-job-processing
  affected.
- - -

In addition to random home-catalogues, and applications, important
parts of data of all batch-jobs, node-reservations et cetera for
ekman, lives on this file-server.

The impact is that no changes of jobs/nodes can be made,
your reserved nodes/running jobs will stay reserved/running.

Once the server is back on-line again they will show up. However,
any attempted changes (i.e. jobs finishing and nodes released)
during the outage will have failed.

Should the server fail to come on-line we have backups on tape.

sorry for the inconvenience,

regards,
lars/pdc-staff.