[Vagnekman-users] forwarding flashnews - ekman

lama at pdc.kth.se lama at pdc.kth.se
Thu Sep 10 00:59:25 CEST 2009

Hello again,

sorry for the long silence - this is an update
on the two issues that did surface today:

1: lustre

lustre servers were restarted and lustre
should be on-line again. Some jobs are
still running and we have not killed those.

2: CVE-2009-2698 'anybody to root in a go'

x compute nodes:

we are re-installing all nodes not executing
jobs, and will re-install nodes with running
jobs as they finish.

We applied minor bug-fix upgrades to i.e. the
ofed software stack (used for infiband.) This
should not have any impact on applications.

Jobs have been allowed to start on the nodes
with patches applied.

Not all nodes have been upgraded yet,
this will continue tomorrow.

x login node:

we will throw out all users from the login
node (ekman.pdc.kth.se.) As there were technical
issues on setting up the re-install environment
of the login node, we have set up a temporary
login-node, called ekman-tmp.pdc.kth.se.

You should be able to connect to it in
the same way as to ekman, i.e.

$ ssh ekman-tmp.pdc.kth.se

or

$ rxtelnet ekman-tmp.pdc.kth.se

You will then end up on a system called k33n45.pdc.kth.se,
you should be able to do the same things from that as from
ekman (i.e. edit files, submit jobs et cetera.)

As the name indicates, this is a temporary solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

regards,
lars/pdc-staff.
- - -