[Vagnekman-users] Vagn login node died twice yesterday

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Aug 31 11:09:41 CEST 2010

kent at nsc.liu.se (Kent Engström) writes:
> Dear Vagn Users,
>
> the Vagn login node died at 15.43 yesterday and was restarted
> at 16.15. At 18.59 it died again and was restarted 9.23 this morning.
>
> The cause has been out-of-memory conditions casued by user programs.
> I will notify the user in a separate email.

Vagn crashed again at 9.47. I will soon make it available to you again.

As I am just a stand-in admin while both the usual Vagn admins are
unavailable today, I am not 100% familiar with how you are supposed to
use Vagn, but I am pretty certain that you are asked to use the
"interactive" command to reserve a non-shared analysis node if you are
to run memory-hungry applications, instead of just running them on the
login node.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444