[Vagnekman-users] Configuration change of the login node

lars malinowsky lama at pdc.kth.se
Thu Nov 18 12:50:32 CET 2010

Hello,

as several transfers (rsync/scp) in and out of ekman
seem to be hit the 10 minute cpu-time limit, the ekman
compute-node k33n41.pdc.kth.se can be used for these
transfers - you should be able to log on to it and use
it in the same manner as you log on to ekman.pdc.kth.se.

Note that this compute node does not have a 10Gbit
network to the outside world, only a 1Gbit network.

Consider this a stop-gap solution, for
transfers only, until advised to do differently.

It's unknown whether the ffv-utility works out
of the box or not on k33n41.pdc.kth.se.

k33n41.pdc.kth.se is now also known as
ekman-rsync.pdc.kth.se for the time being.

regards,
lars/pdc-staff.

  [..]