[Vagnekman-users] new flashnews for Ferlin

pdc-staff at pdc.kth.se pdc-staff at pdc.kth.se
Thu Apr 21 23:31:49 CEST 2011

2011-04-21 at 23:20
We started today an upgrade of the operating system to CentOS 5.5 on the cluster Ferlin. Your programs should work afterwards as before according to the experience we had with the update of other systems.

The procedure: Since earlier this evening we do not start new jobs. All nodes that become free after the termination of running jobs will be set to the service status and get a new installation. Tomorrow (expected is a time around lunch) we continue with the start of new jobs on the updated nodes. The update of the remaining nodes will continue over the weekend. During this time the number of available nodes will be reduced.

The access ot the login node and the interacive nodes will be disabled tomorrow during their update times.