[Vagnekman-users] Unscheduled reboot of the Vagn login node (analysis1)

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 4 13:24:21 CEST 2011

As you might have noticed, the same thing happened today.

This time the logs were very clear, this stop was caused by the combined
efforts of two users, one running ParaView and the other running Matlab.

Let me be very clear on this: No large jobs on the login node!

As a guideline, I would say that using more than a few GB RAM on the login
node should be considered a large job, and be avoided. If for some reason
you cannot run your job anywhere else, contact
vagnekman-support at snic.vr.seand describe your problem, and we will try
to find a solution.

If you cannot predict the memory use of your job, consider using "ulimit" to
limit the memory use of that process.

//Mats