[Vagnekman-users] Information about operation interruption 2012-07-29

Michael Schliephake michs at kth.se
Sun Jul 29 20:26:48 CEST 2012

Dear Users,

we had an operation interruption from about 11:00 until 20:00 as informed via PDC's system alerts on the webpage.

One of the file system servers crashed after some previous errors on the hardware RAID. However, we could not find any persistent hardware failure so far.

During the afternoon I checked the filesystem. No error has been reported  and data losses are not to expect.

All jobs running at the moment of the crash have been terminated as a precaution. All affected users should have got an e-mail. So, please check your mailbox and restart your jobs from the point were we stopped the operation, please.

Best regards -- Med vänlig hälsning

Michael/PDC