[Vagnekman-users] Vagn downtime Thursday Feb 14, 10-12 CET

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Feb 7 17:18:11 CET 2013

Dear Vagn users,

On Thursday February 14, 10-12 CET, you will not be able to access Vagn,
and no batch or interactive jobs will run.

The reason is that a network switch at NSC needs to be upgraded to permit
expansion of the Accumulus storage system. Unfortunately, this affects both
the Vagn internal network and the external connection to the login node, so
we have no choice but to stop Vagn completely during this period.

I have reserved all Vagn analysis nodes from 10:00. No jobs that have a
wall time limit ("-t dd-hh:mm:ss") longer than the time remaining until
Thursday 10:00 will be able to start. So during the next week, keep this in
mind - if your jobs do not start, try requesting a shorter wall time.

Since no jobs will be allowed to start that would run after 10:00, no jobs
will be killed. Queued batch jobs will remain in the queue.

At 10:00, all logged in users will be logged out from the login node.

During this outage we will also perform some software upgrades to Vagn and
reboot the login node.

We estimate that the upgrades might take up to two hours, but we will of
course restore access to Vagn eas soon as we are done.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>