[Vagnekman-users] new flashnews

support at pdc.kth.se support at pdc.kth.se
Thu Jan 31 11:54:23 CET 2013

2013-01-31 at 11:54
Due to delays in delivery of the replacement controller for the Klemming file system, the performance of Klemming is still reduced and it is more easily overloaded. The tuning that has been done on the software side has not been able to aleviate these problems. Please refrain from running I/O intensive applications, especially random access workloads, until the system is fully functional again. We have now been promised delivery maybe tomorrow, on Monday at the latest. In parallel with these efforts we have also started to install an upgrade of the hardware behind Klemming that should give us more headroom to prevent these kinds of problems in the future. More information about this soon.