[Berzelius-users] Problems creating files on Berzelius shared storage

Henrik Henriksson hx at nsc.liu.se
Mon Apr 3 12:58:15 CEST 2023

Dear Berzelius users,

It is currently intermittently not possible to create new files on
shared storage on Berzelius (/proj, /home). The root cause has been
identified and we are looking at resolving the issue together with our
suppliers.

Please keep an eye on https://nsc.liu.se/systemstatus/ where updates may
be posted.

Login nodes are still available as of now, as data can still be read.
Currently running jobs are allowed to continue, as they may yet complete
successfully, but we have blocked any new jobs from starting. To our
best knowledge, all written data is safe.

The issue boils down to that the limit on the total number of files the
shared filesystem can support is unexpectedly low.

As such, if you, or your project, has datasets with a large number of
files (millions) that you no longer need, please delete them.

--
Henrik Henriksson
NSC