[Bi-users] Downtime 2015-05-05 13-14 CEST

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Apr 29 16:58:09 CEST 2015

Dear Bi, Frost and other users,

NETWORK

NSC and SMHI are going to switch the internal connection between NSC
and SMHI from 2x2x1G to 2x10G. This requires some router reconfiguring
that will cause downtime for users at SMHI accessing services at NSC.

This has been scheduled for Tuesday May 5, between 13:00 and 14:00 CEST.

BI

We also have some work we need to do on Bi (update OS on login nodes and
system server). So, we will have to reboot login node during the
downtime.

We also need to do some testing we did not have time for before putting
Bi into production. That testing will mean that there is a risk of
killing running jobs if things go bad, but we will try to avoid that.

FROST

Finally, Frost will most likely also be down during this time. We may
need to reboot servers there too, and running jobs are at risk there
too.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444