[Bi-users] Downtime for Bi and Krypton today for OS update 13-15

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Thu Mar 12 09:43:20 CET 2015

Dear Bi and Krypton Users,

we need to perform an OS update today to install a new kernel that fixes
a security vulnerability.

As usual, we need to restart the login node (and other servers) and then
also start a rolling upgrade of the nodes (updating the nodes between
jobs). Batch jobs should not be affected, but login node processes and
interactive jobs will be affected.

We will restart servers on Bi between 13 and 14.

We will restart servers on Krypton between 14 and 15.

Best Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444