[Bi-users] Bi login node restarts next Wednesday

Peter Bortas zino at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 14 16:39:44 CEST 2016

Dear Bi Users,

We need to install some operating system updates on Bi which will
require a reboot of the login and computational nodes.

The reboot the login nodes will be done next Wednesday 2016-04-20
14:00. The nodes will be updated as they become idle after that, as
usual. Batch jobs will not be affected, but logins, file transfers and
interactive jobs will be killed.

After the reboot we might want to do some other upgrades on the file
servers. If so one or more of the nobackup filesystems might be
unavailable for an hour after the restart of the login nodes. We will
inform you closer to the service window if this will happen.

Regards,
--
Peter Bortas, NSC