[Bi-users] Headsup: Retiring filesystems rossby25 and smhid18

Fredrik Nyström freny at nsc.liu.se
Wed Aug 24 13:27:58 CEST 2022

Dear Accumulus storage users,

on Monday October 31 2022 we will retire the following filesystems:

    /nobackup/rossby25
    /nobackup/smhid18

Please copy any data that you wish to keep before this date.

We would also appreciate if you from now on try to avoid filling up
these filesystems with more precious data. Temporary data that does not
need to be copied is ok.

At this time there is plenty of space available on rossby27 and smhid20.

If you need assistance copying data from rossby25, and smhid18,
feel free to contact NSC <smhi-support at nsc.liu.se>.

You may ask why these fairly new filesystems are retired now. A service
life of 2 years is according to plan since rossby25 and smhid18 was
built using hardware from previously retired systems. See announcement
from October 2020:
https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-October/000297.html

Kind Regards,
--
Fredrik Nyström, National Supercomputer Centre
freny at nsc.liu.se