[Bi-users] Reminder: Retiring filesystems rossby25 and smhid18

Fredrik Nyström freny at nsc.liu.se
Fri Sep 30 15:32:38 CEST 2022

Dear Accumulus storage users,

one month left until we retire rossby25 and smhid18.

We will power off related equipment shortly after October 31. If you
have lot's of data left to copy, I suggest you start now.

One additional rsync flag that you should not use: -S (--sparse)

When using "rsync -S" on Accumulus Lustre filesystems, destination file
may end up taking up more space than apparent file size. This has been
observed with certain NetCDF files, possibly also affects GRIB files?

If you ask for assistance copying data from rossby25 or smhid18, if
possible, please try to indicate if there are any hard links present in
the source tree or not (We don't want to use "-H" option unless
necessary). Contact support here: NSC <smhi-support at nsc.liu.se>

Kind Regards / Fredrik Nyström, NSC

--
Fredrik Nyström, National Supercomputer Centre
freny at nsc.liu.se