[DTG-users] March 2: Older Lustre filesystems unavailable during upgrade

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Feb 22 10:07:31 CET 2010

Dear Accumulus Storage Users,

we have a couple of servers running Lustre 1.4 that need to be upgraded
to Lustre 1.6. They are providing the following filesystems:

    /nobackup/misu2
    /nobackup/rossby9
    /nobackup/rossby10
    /nobackup/smhid4

As discussed and decided on the latest site meeting, we will do the
upgrade on Tuesday March 2.

We will not schedule downtime on Gimle, Tornado and Vagn during the
upgrade, as jobs accessing other filesystems can run perfectly well
during the work. However, this means that

1) you will have to refrain from scheduling jobs that need access to
   the filesystems above during next Tuesday, and

2) we might have to cancel jobs that are found to be accessing the
   filesystems above during next Tuesday.

Regards,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444